PalmTeq Limited develops, deploys and supports a complete point-of-sale system
for the hospitality market. This includes the technologically world leading
WaiterPad wireless handheld ordering system. PalmTeq is the market leader in
Australia and the United Kingdom, and also has distributors in the United States,
Canada, South Africa and South East Asia. PalmTeq has over 150 satisfied clients
worldwide, and this figure is growing rapidly.
Software Developer (Research & Development)
- Design, implement, test and document software.
- Work with technical director to research and design new technology.
- Work closely with each development team member to solve difficult problems.
- Review code to enhance software quality.
- Support local and international dealers and clients.
- Miscellaneous computer and network administration.
- Developed initial version of handheld ordering software (WaiterPad) for
PalmOS devices. Resumed project when I joined full time.
- Developed PC application (MenuEdit) to program the handheld software.
- Worked closely with in-house hardware engineers to develop second generation
wireless communications protocol.
- Worked with a third party to design and develop third generation communications
hardware, firmware and software.
- Worked with a large retail chain to create a communications infrastructure
between head office and each store's Cash Registers.
- Developed PC to Cash Register remote communication software for Windows,
DOS, Linux and SCO.
- Worked closely with programming team to develop a suite of hospitality software,
including point-of-sale (WaiterPos), back-of-house administration and reporting
(SystemGenerator), sales analysis (SalesAnalyst), stock control (StockPro)
and membership (MarketManager).